Statement of Faith
To show our continuity with Christians throughout the centuries, we affirm the Biblical Christian faith as summarized in the Apostles’ Creed. The main points of this faith are included in the following statement of our faith:
- We believe that the 66 books of the Bible, in their original manuscripts, are the inspired Word of God. While the central purpose of the Bible is to bring us to salvation, all that the Bible teaches is inherently true, including matters of science and history.
- We believe that God is infinite and personal, that He created the world out of nothing and that He continues to rule over the affairs of men and nations.
- We believe that God is a Trinity, three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit, in one Being, equal in power and glory, yet different in role and function.
- We believe that Jesus Christ, born of a virgin, is fully God and fully man, has two natures in one person and is like us in all ways except without sin.
- We believe that every human being is created in the image of God and that each human life should be protected and treasured from conception to the grave. But, sadly, all of mankind, the whole of each person and every sphere of life was disturbed by Adam and Eve’s revolt against God.
- We believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, rose from the grave and ascended to the right hand of God, in order to fully pay for all our sins and to inaugurate His saving reign. Christ’s salvation and reign begin to restore us from the effects of the Fall.
- We believe that we are saved and justified by personal faith in Jesus Christ when God draws us to Himself by His Word and Spirit; true saving faith leads to a life of service and gratitude to God as salt and light in the world.
- We believe that Jesus Christ will come again, personally and visibly, at the end of history, when the dead will be bodily resurrected — believers to everlasting joy with the Lord, unbelievers to everlasting sorrow.
- We believe that all truth, in whatever subject, is God’s Truth, received through general revelation, even among unbelievers. Nevertheless, unbelief and the secular worldviews have seriously distorted much learning so that believers must evaluate all we learn in light of Scripture.
- We believe the unique roles of male and female are clearly defined in Scripture and the marriage relationship as between one man and one woman as specifically established in Genesis 1:27-28 and Genesis 2:18-25. The marriage covenant is confirmed throughout the Old and New Testaments. Likewise, God condemns the homosexual lifestyle in Genesis 19:4-11, Leviticus 18:22, and Ezekiel 16:49-50 (OT) as well as Romans 1:24-32, 1 Corinthians 6:9-11, 1 Timothy 1:8-11, and Jude 7 (NT).